Saturday, May 7, 2011

Two Birds?




Shadow or reflection?
Which shall it be?
Here's a shot that manages
To fit both easily.
I'm a very eager blogger
That much I own,
But it's great killing two birds
With one stone!
*
----------------------------------------------------------------

VOCAL VARIETY!

Maxine has got this right at least!
Men haven't got a clue!
When it comes to things to talk about
They're not like me and you!
Sport dominates, that's obvious,
And they like some dirty jokes,
And they may embark on politics
When they're with the other blokes.
But that's about the end of it,
Unless, of course, they're old;
In which case there's a litany
About their latest cold!
Whereas we 'gals' are well-aware
Of why vocal cords were formed!
We're bursting with information
And dying to be informed!
Name a subject, and we'll cover it,
Even though it is obscure!
Philosophy? We'll have a go
Even though we're not too sure......
As for Knitting, Remedies and Wine,
Discipline, and the Tropics,
Films, and Books, and Magazines!
There's no end to the topics!
Not only that but we can chat
About ways of getting Thinner,
Even while we're rustling up
A huge calorific dinner!
It started way back in the caves
When the men were hunting game,
And the women and their children
Started giving things a name.
The men came home and grunted
(Which is what they're doing still)
While the women used their voices
As they organised the kill.
We're descended from those ladies
And the scientists have found
That the conversations of females
Really DO make the world go round.
*

7 comments:

Karen said...

That's a great shot for both memes!

Kathe W. said...

cool duo!

Margaret Gosden said...

Intriguing shot! I live with one of those plants in my
studio - pampas, I think? They grow very tall!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Yes, you did indeed kill two birds with one stone. Now, let's see you kill half a dozen! :-)

I HAD A LITTLE SHADOW
(With apologies to Robert Louis Stevenson)

I had a little shadow
No bigger than my thumb;
I took him to the meadow
And there I gave him rum.

My drunken little shadow
Did weave and bob and pitch;
He stumbled from the meadow
And fell into a ditch!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher


Schoolyard Shadows

Ms. Becky said...

I'm intrigued by your shadow shot - the delicate nature of the leaves. they resemble stars splashed across the floor! very nice. happy SSS, and I hope you have a wonderful week.

Anonymous said...

Nice shadows. Love Maxine!

Beverley Baird said...

What a great shot - both shadows and reflections! Love your poetry as well! I got a chuckle from the second!
have a wonderful week!