Sunday, May 29, 2011

Retribution!



GRANDMA'S GOULASH
http://grandmas-goulash.info/2011/05/succinctly-yours-week-10/
supplied the illustration for this brief encounter

RETRIBUTION!

It's that Gladys Perkins, her from church!
I'd love to knock her off her perch!
She thinks that she's a better singer!
I'd love to put her through the wringer!
Nipping along on her motor-bike
While I have to catch the bus and hike!
Pretends she's young, without a care,
But look, there's a whisp of her grey hair!
When she gets near me, the old hag,
I'll hit her with my shopping bag!
*
----------------------------------------------------------


MEMETICS!

Richard Dawkins, eat your heart out (him wot invented memes)!
For now your invention's being used in all sorts of harebrained schemes!
Take the Blogs for instance; every day a brand new one appears,
A little meme of some quirky sort to settle between my ears.
I feel a sort of compulsion to set to and do my  best!
I've simply got to write something. It's rather like a test!
I feel a strange attraction when I see a meme suggestion;
Letting one pass is, somehow, simply out of the question!
I was sane and normal till I met with blogging schemes.
I blame you, Richard Dawkins!
You and your wretched memes!
*

18 comments:

Francisca said...

These memes ARE addictive, aren't they! Now I have someone to blame... :-D But hit a woman on a motorbike...? Naaah... :-D

Margaret Gosden said...

Yes, I am surprised that you would want to hit a woman on a motor bike, no matter how aggravating her voice in church - I was relieved to see that the
other woman in the photo was not you!
I am glad to say that there are some memes that do
not inspire me at all, only those that require a photo.
I take many photos and sooner or later they get
published, but not before they are are molded to
my own eye's enjoyment. Soon, I will have answered your recent five point letter!!

jabblog said...

There's a cruel streak in that motorcyclist:-)
I understand what you mean about memes - they can rather take over . . .

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

I think we've all said those things in our heads... maybe not with such good rhymes!

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Uh oh... I may have put the comment that goes with your story somewhere else. Or maybe I didn't enter the verification word.

SparkleFarkel said...

What a spectacular piece o' microfiction: BRAVO! It's so very... very... DELIGHTFULLY CRUEL! Thanks for the lol!
Thank you, too, Mr. Dawkins. Without you, where would we put the product every-Monday, flash-taley creative juices?!

Sonia said...

LOL That's funny! Dark, but funny.

Kay L. Davies said...

Oh, I know they're addictive, Brenda. Our internet is down, so my husband needed to come to the public library to do some work, and I'm on the next computer, worrying about my memes.
-- Kay, Alberta, Canada

Gemma Wiseman said...

Adore the shopping bag story! A bit cruel but such fun! And agree about memes being addictive! I had no intention of doing this one! I was uninspired by the photo all week! But when the crunch comes, here I am!

Helen said...

This made me smile, funny and dark all at once.

Pat said...

I am shocked at how addictive they are!

I laughed inside my head all the way through your first poem, especially when I found out that the motorcyclist was Gladys Perkins!

SJerZGirl said...

Wow - what a mean streak!! LOL I'm enjoying seeing what others see in this photo. Shriners and church ladies are my faves! Good job!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

This is a riot! Wonderful use of the photo.

And I had no idea who invented the meme, but now I know whim whom I have a love-hate relationship. LOL This is such a crazy addiction!

Akelamalu said...

I hope she misses! ;)

Anyes said...

Quite a feisty one isn't she ;-)

Lynette Killam said...

I enjoyed both of these, Brenda! Love your wild woman, and can easily identify with the meme quandry...can't resist them myself...:)

Susan Fobes said...

Your motorbike poem had me in stitches! And is he responsible for memes? Let me at him...

Grandma's Goulash said...

Nobody likes a showoff. What delicious reprisal.

As for memes, I can quit anytime I want. I doubt that I'll want to in this lifetime!