Friday, March 4, 2011

Hopeless Case



HOPING FOR HUMOUR
http://www.madkane.com/humor_blog/2011/03/03/hope-humor/

Topic.... 'Hope'.

HOPELESS CASE

A young lady called Hope couldn't cope.
She said 'My Mum was clearly a dope!
She was to blame
For she gave me that name
And now I have given-up hope!'
*

---------------------------------------------------------


WHAT A SHAME!

The pretty galah's feeling small!
It's beauty does no good at all!
The thing that has mattered
And made him feel shattered
Is driving him right up the wall!
Of all of the bright birds in Australia,
And many have brilliant regalia,
This poor bird is named
And horribly shamed
By the fact that he represents failure!
If I have a slight prang in my car
Or I step in a mess of wet tar
Any Aussie who's near
Will shout out loud and clear
'Well! Aren't you a proper galah!'
To be called a galah is not nice
(I've been called one myself once or twice!)
But this parrot, I think,
With its feathers of pink
Should certainly not pay the price!
*

3 comments:

KB said...

Loving the hope!

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Fun job with "hope". Thanks for joining me in hopeful limericking. :)

Arnab Majumdar said...

Brilliant way to talk about Hope and Hopelessness.

... and I just realized how many different ways there are to look at that sentence! :D

Cheers,
Joy...