Friday, March 4, 2011

The Rain in Spain



LOTS OF LAUGHTER
http://thelaughtersite.blogspot.com/
asks us to write a limerick about  'Rain'.

THE RAIN IN SPAIN

There was a young lady from Spain
Who went out for a walk in the rain
But a deluge descended
And she was up-ended,
And got washed-away down a drain!
*
(And my very old friend, Trevor, has already sent a sequel!)

That intrepid young lady from Spain
Last heard of when washed down a drain
She swam and she swam
'Til she came to a dam
And climbed out to start over again!
*
(So I respond)
 
The young lady must be a bit dense!
She hasn't an atom of sense.
She might think it ripping
To struggle out dripping,
But she'll soon find she's in the past tense!
*
(This could go on for ever!........It does!)

That young lady you tried to banish
She's not only wet but she's Spanish
You did not know she could swim
So you are out on a limb
As she constantly refuses to vanish!
 
(Finale )
 
Your finale was witty and clever.
We could write back and forward for ever!
The lady from Spain
I treat with disdain!
The prize goes to you, my dear Trevor!
---------------------------------------------------------


ONE MAN'S MEAT

'One man's meat is another man's poison!'
I've heard that said and I'm sure that it's true.
This sort of pattern does nothing for me!
It may be the last word in fashion for you!
I remember the seventies! Weren't they just awful!
The things that we wore were devoid of all taste!
The obvious colours competing for dominance!
The bright repeat-patterns we gladly embraced!
And now they've come back again! Can you believe it!
The High Street's awash with the same garish stuff.
I've lived long enough to see hist'ry repeated!
But the seventies! Surely just once was enough!
*

3 comments:

Rajlakshmi said...

loved the limerick :D
and entertaining read :D

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

perfect entry.
:)

Rachel Hoyt said...

I can't stop giggling about the lady from Spain! Dang she's a dummy! I can't help but join in...

I bet that strange swimmer lady from Spain,
you know, the one who got washed down the drain,
is probably the hair dyed blonde type
who spreads the "they're dummies" hype.
Damn those hair dyed blonde girls are a pain!

:)

My LOL Clerihew: Saturday AM TV