Friday, March 25, 2011

Chaos Theory


 CHAOS THEORY

I believe in Chaos because it seems to me
That turbulent and messy is how things are meant to be.
Take that wretched universe! Why don't planets match?
Why on earth do they vary so? Tell me; what's the catch?
Things created the same way from the same primeval dust
Must be much more similar; it's obvious! They must.
But no! They're higgledy-piggledy; some gaseous and some not;
A completely chaotic universe is what we've finally got!
So it doesn't really surprise me when things in my own life
Refuse to be ordered and dignified, but full of mess and strife.
I subscribe to Chaos Theory. Everything's so immense,
Unmatched, far-fetched and peculiar, that nothing makes much sense.
So, when his socks get lost in the wash, my husband should not get terse;
After all, I'm obeying a Law of the Universe!
*
-------------------------------------------------------------------



CORNY!

Imagine yourself a mouse with this lovely yellow corn!
You don't feel particularly small, for that's how you were born!
Your 'hands' aren't tiny to you; they seem a natural size.
You look out onto a mouse-sized world with your lovely big brown eyes.
Of course, some creatures are HUGE; you think they call them men.
And TINY creatures, like ants, you step on now and again.
But a mouse-size is just right; it's the size things were meant to be
For, of course, the world was made for mice as anyone can see.
And this corn is the size of a hefty meal; you hold it in two paws;
You can chomp on it for quite a while, licking your lips, because
It was made this size for a mouse to eat whenever corn is in season.
Yes, the whole world is fashioned mouse-size for one particular reason;
Mice are the Lords of Creation; the world is correctly sized.
So if you find that Heaven's full of mice don't be surprised!
*

9 comments:

from my wicked ways to turning a phrase said...

As for your belief in the chaotic
I also believe without the pshychotic, erotic,exotic, and hypnotic inlife we may alll become nuerotic

EG CameraGirl said...

I like the idea of being able to blame my messes on the Chaos Theory.

Imagine being able to make a meal of one kernel of corn!

Diane said...

Ha ha! I can definitely relate to the chaos theory! :)

anitamombanita said...

those are both great! I'm still chuckling!

Unknown said...

Corn is awesome. Reminds me of a moment in class many years ago when one of my students asked, "Miss, why is it when you do, you know, number 2's, there is always corn.... even when you haven't eaten any...". Needless to say, that was the end of the Science lesson, as the class was in fits of laughter.....

http://beyondislandhopping.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

a mouse-sized world? crazy!! But so true. The world is different through every beings eyes...just imagine how differently you and I see things. food for thought.

Unknown said...

I hope I will get to look for mice!

21 Wits said...

Chaos is never a good thing...but you changed it up and made things so corny they're cute! Awesome post!

Jenny said...

I love corn.

I must say that I'm not nearly so fond of chaos...but it does seem to dominate my life.

Sigh.

Thanks for a clever link to Alphabe-Thursday's letter "C".

A+