Sunday, March 20, 2011

Not So Easy



Not so easy on the eye,
This area for relaxing!
I'd find the coloured 'pebbles'
Quite uncomfortable and taxing.
Even if I closed my eyes
The lids would be invaded,
By brilliance quite invasive
And I'd beg for something shaded.
If I were reading a novel
Bright dots would fill each page,
And, after a while, I'd discard the book,
In a fit of childish rage!
If I were chatting to a friend
In this very startling place,
Little dots of colour would
Start dancing on his face!
I think I'd start to mutter
'How much more can I take!'
As my eyes began to cross
And my head began to ache.
No, give me something soothing
I beige or blue or green.
This agitated colour-scheme
Is certainly not my scene!
*
----------------------------------------------------------------


LICKY-STICKY PRAWNS

Here in Oz we call a shrimp a prawn (keep that in mind)
It won't matter when you cook this tasty dish!
For after all, in any case, it's the taste that counts
And the taste of this is brilliant as you wish!
It's a perfect meal for summer nights out on the patio
And the prawns look lovely laid out on the plate.
It's a quick and easy recipe that anyone can make
But your guests are sure to label it as 'Great!'
Marinate the prawns in the honey for a while,
Covering with cling-wrap helps a lot.
Then add the garlic, oil and soy and marinate some more,
The lovely flavour's sure to hit the spot.
Skin and chop the mushrooms, cut the onion into chunks,
Also the peppers, one size here 'fits all'.
Thread the lot on skewers, but watch out for the drips!
Some from the marinade are bound to fall!
Your kebabs are set for grilling, with some extra marinade;
Cook them till they curl up at the edges,
Then serve them any way you like, with bread or rice or plain,
With salads or with lots of crispy veggies.
The honey adds a yummy sticky surface to the prawns,
So be sure you  have some napkins standing by!
There'll be lots of finger-licking when you serve these lovely treats!
And your reputation's bound to go sky-high!
*

INGREDIENTS

Marinade:
3tbsp honey
2tbsp soy sauce
1tsp of sesame seed oil
1 clove of garlic, crushed



Prawns
175g  prawns, cooked and peeled
125g  mushrooms
1/2  onion
1 red pepper
*

1 comment:

bj said...

I do love your rhymes so much..you are really talented.
Now, I am not a sea food eater so have never tasted prawns....and most likely, never will. :))
Thanks so much for coming over today. Oh, we do have a lot of fun, the grandgirls and I, but those 3 grandboys...we all spoil them. :)