Sunday, March 13, 2011

Time Out!



MAD KANE
asks for a limerick connected with clocks going backwards or forwards.

TIME OUT!

A lady in Oz, QLD,
Said 'This time-saving isn't for me!
They may do it in VIC,
But it just makes me sick!
Say 4.30..... I'll say half past three.'

(The states can choose whether to follow seasonal time-changes or not. Here we're just putting our clocks back incidentally.)
*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

MAGNOLIA MAGIC
(An Acrostic)

Made from moonlight mixed with magic
Arching overhead in Spring
Gleaming with a snowy glamour!
Nothing else makes my heart sing.
Opalescent petals folded,
Leaves a dark and lustrous green.
I can gaze up at your branches
And admire your shimmering sheen.
Shadows on the garden wall
Show where your fading blooms will fall.
*

1 comment:

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

I enjoyed both poems!
And thanks for joining me in clock-changing verse.