Saturday, July 11, 2009

On the Brink!


ACROSTICS ONLY
suggests
'ONE FOOT IN THE GRAVE!'

A cheerful little reaction from me!

ON THE BRINK!

Older and older everybody grows,
Nightly, daily, the old body slows.
Every tick of the clock says clearly
*
'Final-call time, very, very nearly!'
Only, you see, we don't believe it!
Our youthful brains simply wont conceive it!
Teenagers with greying hair!
*
Idiots saying 'I'ts not fair!
Nuts to Death! It wont catch me!'
*
Too late we'll face reality.
'Help!' we'll cry as the scythe starts falling!
Elimination! Too appalling!
*
Get ready, girls! It wont be long!
Rehearse your beautiful farewell song.
Already the time is running short!
Value every living thought!
Enjoy what's left! Be strong! Be brave!
Even though one foot is in the grave!
*
We can't escape it here:

6 comments:

Destinee said...

Great poem and i thoroughly enjoyed reading it. loved the way it ended too. Good Job!

Fatima said...

I really, really liked this!

Anonymous said...

good insights !! keep writing :)

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

I know I commented on this jewel, so where is it?

Just in case, allow me to say, I loved this .. and it speaks to how I feel about one foot in the grave!

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

Brenda, this is an amazing piece, like so much of your writing. My lady, you are one special poet.

Congratulations! You have won a BWA's. Click here HERE and type your name in search. Thank you for participating!

Kat said...

Feeling Sobered and Cheered..!!!!