Monday, July 27, 2009

Environs


ENVIRONS
You can't get much more domestic than this homely little shot!
I took this from my balcony, a pleasant little spot.
A walk down to the left will take me on into the shops,
I walk there almost every day, with conversational stops.
The hospital is on my way, also the local school;
Just ten minutes in the sun, well, that's the general rule.
So picture me with my trolley, little-old-lady style,
Making-up verses as I walk; wearing a secret smile!
And here's the very balcony from which I took the shot.
Is it any wonder that I'm happy with my lot?
*
*
A more romantic balcony here:

13 comments:

Tumblewords: said...

THERE is a good WHERE to be! Nice!

erin said...

i like your balcony and your view and it sounds like you are so very close to all that matters on a day to day basis. what more could you ask for?

enjoyed your post.

Jenn said...

That seems like a great place to be!

Kat said...

The balcony looks pretty romantic...!!

Perfect to drop a hanky romantically when Malcolm is entering home :)))

Harshad Mehta said...

Beauty lies in peace and content in your heart. Seen in pictures. Read in poem.

Gemma Wiseman said...

A cosy kind of poem imbued with contentment!

Loch Rob said...

Home is where the heart is. It looks like you live in a beautiful place.

Ramesh Sood said...

Happy you are and practising happiness too.. here's me joining to enhance this happiness.. well, good to see the view and also experience your balcony..

Anonymous said...

like the way you rhyme so well and easily readable :)

Amity said...

Perfect Brenda...:-)

I envy your beautiful and wonderful and exciting lot!

You are living a blissful life, sure an envy of everyone your age!

Perfect shot too from your beautiful balcony!

keiths ramblings said...

A balcony fit for Romeo and Juliet!

JP/deb said...

thank you for sharing your road & vantage point :)

peace,
JP/deb

Patti said...

Your road and your view are both lovely! Thanks for sharing!