Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Biorhythms


Biorhythm is one of those things I believe in and yet I don't!
Some days I'll go along with it and other days I won't!
According to the theory three rhythms rule our lives,
Though many say this story is very much 'Old Wives'.
Circadian rhythm is a fact; we're ruled by day and night,
But Biorhythms can't be proved so are they wrong or right?.
First, there's the Physical rhythm; affecting our bodily state.
Some days we feel we're dying; other days we feel just great.
Then there's the Emotional rhythm. Are we happy? Are we sad?
We'll all agree there's a difference between miserable and glad.
Finally, there's Intellectual. Do we feel alert and bright?
Or have we hit a day when two-and-two just wont come right?
According to the theory each rhythm waxes and wanes,
So there are days with losses and there are days with gains.
The Physical rhythm is twenty-three days; the Emotional twenty-eight;
The Intellectual, thirty-three, or so the pundits state.
Now, once in a while they'll all be high, you'll feel you rule the earth.
But, once in a while, they'll all hit low, and you'll feel you have no worth!
Most of the time we coast along having an average ride,
But we really feel a difference when the rhythms coincide!
We all have days 'on top of the world.'! We all have days that stink!
So Biorhythms stand a chance of being correct, I think.
A typical chart.
*

All 'up' here:

6 comments:

Tumblewords: said...

I rather believe in them as well. Nice post!

Roger Owen Green said...

Actually, I like the word posts quite a bit. the rhyme doesn't seem forced. Oh, and I am a believer in biorhythms.

jay said...

OH and I followed a biorhythm chart for a while and it was fascinating. But we got bored with it. I'm interested now to take another look!

Darlene said...

Being very pragmatic I think the days when we don't feel tip top are governed by physical causes. Did we get enough sleep? Are our joints aching? Are we coming down with something?

Good days are the opposite. When we feel good physically, our emotional and intellectual ability are better.

Q said...

I do beleive...I do...I do!
Very fun.
Sherry

Kat said...

Well written, about the RHYTHM-OF-LIFE..!!!