Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Scarlet Woman!



RUBY TUESDAY


SCARLET WOMAN!

She was sitting on the ferry
Out of the wintry breeze.
The ferry's a warm and sunny place
On mornings such as these.
She was counting-out her money,
Quite unaware that I
Was waiting with my camera,
Spying what I could spy.
She couldn't have managed it better
For a Ruby Tuesday shot.
She couldn't have posed more carefully
In that little front-seat spot.
Her cap was red, her coat was red,
And her bag! Just look at that!
If that's not serendipity
I'll jolly well eat my hat!
*
The story of one of our other ferries here:

5 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Fabulous catch with your camera and wonderful poetry!!

Margaret Gosden said...

Another elegant shot - worth owning up to it, you know!!

Nara Malone said...

What a lovely fun poem and picture!

Ralph said...

This verse explains the picture beautifully. The red hat and red seats are a nice rubies for us viewers.

I forget that it is winter down under!

Kat said...

heh heh.. she would've turned scarlet had she known that she had been filmed counting her unaccounted money :)))