Thursday, July 2, 2009

Catch a Looming Cloud


suggests the topic
WEATHER

Dean Martin's famous song
'Catch a Falling Star'
(and put it in your pocket etc)
came into my mind as soon as I saw this great photo.

There may be some people still alive who remember him!!!!!!

(I'm sorry my parody just fades out, but so did the original.)


CATCH A LOOMING CLOUD

Catch a looming cloud
And pinch it in your fingers.
Never let it grow too large!
Catch a looming cloud.
Make sure it never lingers.
Let it know that you're in charge!
For clouds arrive,
(And some may hint of thunder),
'Most every day.
But play this game
And you'll react with wonder!
You'll have a sky that's full of sunshine!
*
Catch a looming cloud
And try a little squeezing.
Never let it grow too grey.
Catch a looming cloud
And you will find it pleasing,
When it starts to fade away!
For clouds arrive
With regular precision,
That's certain fact,
But if you laugh
And treat them with derision
You'll have a sky that's full of sunshine!
*
Catch a looming cloud and pinch it in your fingers,
Never let it grow too large.........
(fade)



Another good approach to stormy weather here:
http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2009/02/314-flash.html

11 comments:

Kringle said...

I just happened upon your blog.. what a wonderful way to start the day!
Thank you
Kringle

RAJI MUTHUKRISHNAN said...

Lovely!
I do remember the song and Dean Martin - though I had heard the Perry Como version more often.

Jo said...

Brenda;) I immediately began to sing your verse to Catch a Falling Star (remember I live alone and no-one thinks I'm crazy if I do funny things - my cats are used to it;)Of course I also remember Dean Martin. Thanks for cheering up my evening.

Savannah said...

I love Dean Martin! This is good, I really enjoyed it. The photo is amazing.

Tumblewords: said...

Of course. I remember Dean Martin and the song - love your parody and the photo is fascinating!

Hildred said...

Now who could forget Dean Martin! Or the song, - great parody, and a clever picture.

Kay L. Davies said...

Wow, Brenda, I have a huge history with Dean Martin. In my first divorce, Old Whatsisname got the house, the car, the furniture, and MY dog, but I got all the Dean Martin records. (That was in the old, old days when divorce laws were dreadful.)
I love your parody. It's perfect, especially in Australia. I hope it works. Little Kate's approach is priceless, but it might not be sufficient in Queensland.
However, I hope you don't mind if I suggest it was Perry Como who sang this song. I tried Google and YouTube and can't find Dino ever doing it. Their voices were very much alike, except Dean's was sexier.
But your parody is wonderful. Good on you, girl. You could be a Poet Laureate like Kipling, who could also write 'em for every occasion.
-- K

Junneth said...

Wow! Great job to have this great post! My TTS is http://junnethllesisblogspotcom-junneth.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-come-back-thursday-theme-song.html

SquirrelQueen said...

Your version of the song is amazing, it fits the photo perfectly. I remember Dean Martin well, he had the most wonderful voice.

Hootin Anni said...

Well, I can see why the song came to mind. You ARE catching the stars....

And Dean Martin? Who the heck is that? Never heard of him.......






GOTCHA!! He was a great singer with his sexy, gravelly voice. I loved him. Does that age me? Guess so.



Here's My Song

My Mind's Eye said...

Excellent song and so happy and fun filled. We have the *Rat Pack in today's Thursday Theme. Anni has Frank Sinatra, you have Dean Martin and I have Sammy Davis, Jr.

Great minds working together.
*you might not be old enough to know about the Rat Pack. Granted I was only about 12 but I remember hearing about Dean, Frank, Sammy, and others I can't remember being called the 'Rat Pack'.
LOL
Madi's Mom