Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Peace


JP AT OLIVE GARDEN
chose the topic

PEACE
(An Acrostic)

Peace! The opposite of War.
Everything we're longing for.
Aim to settle each dispute
Calmly. Let all follow suit.
Earth is much too small for friction.
*
Peace on Earth? A contradiction?
*
-------------------------------------------------------------

THE STUMBLE DANCE

Life is a stumble-dance;
We sort of lurch through life.
Toes stepped on are everywhere
And jerky timing's rife.
Others seem to pirouette
And jitterbug with ease
But I must say, dear reader,
I am not one of these.
On the dance-floor I'm disaster,
My left thinks it's my right;
My balance is ridiculous
And I look a perfect sight.
That's why the cartoon up above
Makes me feel all warm inside.
It tells us how to face the world
When we want to run and hide.
*

4 comments:

Chim's World of Literature said...

impeccably amazing...

Kay said...

Great acrostic! PeAcE!

$unshine of the Moon said...

Short, simple and sweet.... I decided to check out your link as you placed an exclamation behind Peace.... And am glad I did :)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes peace on earth does seem like a contradiction, an impossible dream....Good poem