Friday, June 22, 2012

Jungle


MY WORLD


JUNGLE

A very civilised jungle but a jungle nevertheless.
A botanic garden in Queensland, which managed to impress.
The weather was jungle-steamy when we visited Cairns last year,
And one almost expected alligators or large snakes to appear.
Everything was monstrous, and very lush and green,
And many of the flowers were ones that we had never seen.
Malcolm's quite dwarfed by foliage as he wanders along the tracks.
An interesting place to spend some time in and relax.
*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



IN PRAISE OF STRESS

I'm not too fond of tranquility;
I like a little stress;
Feeling slightly hounded
Is part of happiness.
I like the thought of deadlines;
They keep me on the go;
Without them I waste too much time
And the pace of life is slow.
A day without a project
Seems a wasted day to me;
I drift around in an aimless way
Sensing monotony.
Of course I want moderation;
I don't require full-on;
I don't need utter exhaustion
When a busy day has gone.
Just keep on giving me ideas
To buzz round in my head
And I'll feel perfectly happy
When I settle down in bed.
Feeling stress is living,
Feeling stress is having fun.
I never thought I'd feel this way
At the age of eighty-one!
*

No comments: