Saturday, June 30, 2012

Old Fashioned Admirer


GRANDMA'S GOULASH
asks us to write a VERY short story about this picture

OLD FASHIONED ADMIRER!

Oh no! It's Andy's friend!
Oh dear! It's the end!
He likes girly curls!
He likes curly girls!
However can I impress?
My hair is such a mess!
(140 characters)
*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



MOTHER LOVE

They tell me she's my mother and I must be close at hand,
But to me she's just a lady, rather regal, rather grand.
Mama is this strange lady in a lovely dress of blue,
I'm not too sure about Mothers; I wonder what they do.
I rarely see Mama because she's got a lot of money.
The idea of her touching me is really rather funny.
At first I cried and stamped my foot and wouldn't be consoled
The artist said an animal would be the thing to hold.
So they've put a monkey on my arm; it's really rather scary,
With horrid beady little eyes and a nasty face, all hairy.
Why am I here, I wonder! The artist said, with pride,
That I was needed to represent Mama's maternal side.
I wonder what 'maternal' means; 'mother' is just a word;
The thought of ever kissing her is really quite absurd!
My Nurse is a soft and squashy; she has lovely chubby cheeks
And her voice has got a gentle burr; I hear it when she speaks.
She likes to hold me on her knee; I lean upon her breast,
A lovely place for stories and a cosy place to rest.
She washes me and dresses me, and gives me food to eat,
She smells of fruit and honey and everything that's sweet.
One day I'm going to marry her, because I love her so.
But this lady in the crinkly dress? No, no no!
*

No comments: