Saturday, June 9, 2012

Comfy?

                   Brenda Bryant

WEEKEND IN BLACK AND WHITE

COMFY?

If I were asked to sit and pose in a garden for a while
I wouldn't take my clothes off! That's simply not my style.
 And I wouldn't balance on a ball which might soon roll away.
Just think I'd have to perch there day after day after day!
Cherubs are always asked to do the most peculiar things,

Like holding up great statues with the power of their wings.
Or waving little floral wreathes while carrying Mummy's bag.
This one's sitting in the damp grass and finding it a drag!
This one is perching, cheekily, upon a lady's arm.
This one is teasing a lion and not coming to any harm!
Here's a cherub in a bird-bath; I bet his feet are cold!
And here's one with a large bowl, quite a heavy thing to hold.

If I come back as a cherub (not something I would choose!)
I think I'll copy this one, and have a little snooze.
*
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ETERNAL SHADOW

Always in shadow, under the boards
Down by the river-side,
A place of secrets where waters lisp
And a very rare seagull glides.
The chattering masses gather above,
To drink coffee or sip their wine,
Never seeing that there, there under the boards,
No sun will ever shine.
*

5 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

O what a delight! The cherub suffering all kinds of challenges with a smile and then the pier for us to enjoy yet shadows lurk! An entertaining ramble through the eccentricities of our world!

Margaret Gosden said...

Yes, a delightful series! I wish I had thought of doing that!

Dragonstar said...

Such fun! I never realised how hard life can be for cherubs!

HansHB said...

A great serie, - lovely to see this post!

Quasi Serendipita said...

Great series! And some nice shadows.