Monday, June 18, 2012

Fire


POETIC BLOOMINGS
chose the topic

FIRE

Fire the friend and fire the foe.
Destroying and redeeming.
See how the tapering fingers grow,
Crackling, leaping, gleaming.
Not of the air or of the earth,
A mysterious living wonder;
Liquefying, giving birth,
Like lightning and like thunder.
We warm our hands at the flame
And give thanks for the gift of heat;
We know we have you to blame
For the ashes of our defeat.
Chameleon, enemy and friend;
Always thus, through history.
At the beginning, at the end;
Fire...........a mystery.
*
-------------------------------------------------------------

JUST KIDDING

I'm standing here in my swimmers, ready for a dip
And the ocean's waiting, cool and bright and blue.
For a moment I am standing here, readying myself
And, incidentally, taking-in the view.
Now! A deep breath! I stride towards
The doors that are swinging wide,
Over the tables, over the rail
To splash on the other side.
Picture it, ladies and gentlemen!
How athletically I flew!
Sadly, I make an admission.....
Not one word of it is true!
*
The sea is quite a way away
(Note the strip of green).
And.... me in my swimmers! Don't make me laugh!
That's a sight not to be seen.
What is real is the location,
A hotel by the sea,
Where we often go for lunch,
And where the view is free.
*

No comments: