Thursday, September 18, 2008

134. All Washed Up!





This parody is from my melodrama 'The Lion's Share'. George is a sailor who was almost drowned in a great storm when he was a young cabin-boy. He lost his memory and he has been roaming the world looking for clues to his identity. A dramatic event brings him back to his senses and into the arms of a rich and beautiful young lady........ of course!

ALL WASHED UP!

To the melody of' 'Love is a Many Splendoured Thing.'

Once, on a high and stormy sea,/ We were tossing up and down before our calamity./ There were clouds like purple pillows/ And great high-rising billows./ Then came the wind, like some monstrosity!/ Waves, that came washing on the decks,/ Soon were rising, rising, rising until they reached our necks!/ Then the power of nature did it's worst and drove us right aground!/ Disaster!/ For everyone was drowned./

Once, on a rough and sandy shore,/ I came-to and found that I was safe from the oceans roar!/ There were bodies lying near me!/ I called but none could hear me,/ And I was somewhere I'd not been before/ So, I was saved, in some strange way,/ And I lived to walk and talkand laugh for another day./ Bu, although I seemed quite normal, I felt oddly vague and dazed!/ Disaster!/ My past had been erased!/

2 comments:

Kat said...

Brenda.... I have got drenched and saved along with George.... more than couple of times reading this poem...... but I've not understood.

am I missing something ? Where's the 'dramatic event' that brings him back to his senses... sadly into the arms of a rich, beautiful and young lady?

Kat said...

Hi Brenda,

been...

Thinking about you...
Missing you.....
Waiting for you....

Newton