Monday, June 27, 2011

Washed-Out

Local Greengrocer

MELLOW YELLOW

WASHED-OUT

When the cyclone invaded Queensland
It blew bananas away
And Australia is feeling
The loss until today.
Nearly all our bananas
Came from the Sunshine State,
But each and every plantation
Was battered about by Fate.
Now bananas are so expensive
(The few that do appear)
That we don't expect banana feasts
Any time this year.
These bananas may look yellow,
As bananas did of old,
But believe me their true colour
Is very expensive
GOLD!
*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------


A TOASTY TREAT

Shameless Rosella!
Attacking my morning toast
While I am blinded by the glory of your plumage!
*

---------------------------------------------------
PS

 
Introducing my two clowns. Harry came to practise a speech for tomorrow, and Max behaved perfectly while he was doing it, so both of them got a false nose as a prize! They're really quite good-looking boys!

On the subject of Public Speaking something great came my way last week. My son's school, which is a Performing Arts High School, asked me to teach Public Speaking in a lunch hour. The children (12 year-olds) were so lively, enthusiastic and involved that it was an absolute pleasure. They're drama students so they have a head start. I can't wait to go back again!

4 comments:

Margaret Gosden said...

Who would have thought you would have had such a
gratifying retirement!

Lesley said...

I'm not sure where our bananas hail from but they have also more than doubled in price.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I remember I refused to buy bananas in OZ after the cyclone

eileeninmd said...

I believe a lot of bananas come from Costa Rica. Great shot, the man has a nice smile. Happy MYM!