Friday, June 10, 2011

Feline Filosophy



QUOTOGRAPHY

This is a photography blog but I muscle-in because I like quotes.

Mine this week is
Time spent with cats is never wasted.
 Sigmund Freud

FELINE FILOSOPHY


Time spent with cats is never wasted.
So said the famous Sigmund Freud.
Though he made studies of the human mind
Obviously felines were enjoyed.
Maybe he found cats quite un-neurotic
And I must say I'm sure that I agree.
A cat goes its own way quite regardless
Of the wishes of the likes of you and me.
A dog's in a constant state of tension;
'Does the Master approve of me or not?'
While a cat gives a look of condescension
To show that it doesn't care one jot.
Oh, it purrs if it thinks it's advantageous;
It will sit on your lap if you insist;
It will blink at you slowly to engage you;
But a cat is an individualist.
It doesn't waste its time on 'Do they like me?'
Or lose any sleep about our views;
If we made our lives uncomplicated
Maybe we wouldn't suffer from the blues!
*

----------------------------------------


BLISS

Someone set-up the umbrella. Someone placed the chairs.
Someone knew, that's very certain, that good things come in pairs.
Add a lemonade, a good book, and the sounding sea.
Then tell me that, missing from the picture, are my good friend and me!
*

No comments: