Wednesday, June 1, 2011

In The Night



WE WRITE POEMS
asks us to write a PICU, something even shorter than a haiku!

3/1/4 syllables!

IN THE NIGHT!

In the night,
Wake!
Is that a sound?

What a fright!
Shake!
Hear my heart pound!

In the light,
Fake!
Nothing around!

*

-----------------------------------------------------------

THE HAZ BEAN!
(A Nonsense Poem)

A jelly-bean fell in a birdie's nest
Among the eggs of Spring.
And the birdie said, not being impressed,
'What's this queer little thing?'
Nevertheless, she sat on it,
Her instincts to the fore.
When the jelly-bean melted
She certainly felt it!
She wont do that any more!
*

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Proper serious pikus! Mine are mocking, so I really admire yours. And I love the Haz Bean!

Mary said...

I love your piku,
so often so true!

Anonymous said...

Very clever! I like the subtle shifts in the lines. Here's to the Piku dance. :)

Anonymous said...

Clever set of pikus. With all the fine examples I am reading I may have to try again. Your pikus dance and shift the reader along.

Anonymous said...

I like your piku! It's amazing how our minds play with us when the lights are out.

-Nicole

Mr. Walker said...

Love your pikus! The rhymes are great - and you tell a story.

Richard

Wayne Pitchko said...

well done indeed...thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with the pikus - they tell a story.

'Haz Bean' is a scream :)