Sunday, June 12, 2011

Comeuppance



MAD KANE
http://www.madkane.com/humor_blog/
gave us the first line in blue

COMEUPPANCE

A man who was proud of his clout
Said 'My rules nobody must flout!'
But I laid him low
When I trod on his toe!
I knew that he suffered from gout!
*

---------------------------------------------------------------

BLUE AND WHITE
Sadly, I never visited the wonderful isles of Greece,
Which, in my mind, are heavenly, filled with blue-and-white and peace.
I've seen them represented on many a print and card,
And imagining I've been there has not been very hard.
This is an Australian version of the Grecian situation;
Our local swimming pool and its plebeian pumping-station.
It's genuinely blue and white, though classical it's not,
But at least the sky is cloudless and the weather's really hot.
We cannot all have what we want; I'll never go to Greece,
But at least this view is heavenly, filled with blue-and-white and peace!
*

3 comments:

jabblog said...

Sometimes the dreams are more fulfilling than the reality.

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda, I was tickled to have you visit and that view is indeed beautiful. You have a delightful blog! :) A wonderful day to you.

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Thanks so much for another fun contribution to my Limerick-Offs. Always glad to have you!