Monday, September 10, 2012

Very Punny


RUBY TUESDAY

VERY PUNNY

Very simple, very neat,
Very clever, rather sweet.
I am partial to a pun;
I think puns are lots of fun.
Gun control may be in the news;
And we all have differing views,
But when the subject's in a pun
Laughter can include a gun.
*
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRETTY IN PINK

Royalty, generally, leaves me cold;
I don't care one way or another.
But isn't this lady the ideal
Of a charming, sweet grandmother?
Her hats are often ridiculous,
But this one's a confection,
Beautifully swirled and curled
And feminine to perfection.
The generous smile is warm and sweet,
The complexion flawless too;
The laugh in the eyes quite plain to see;
Yet the laughter-lines very few.
The Queen must often get so bored
With her dreary official round,
And 'God Save the Queen' must surely be
Her most detested sound.
But here she is being charming
To someone she has to meet!
I only wish that I could be
Even half as sweet!
*


4 comments:

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

A charming pair of poems!

Anonymous said...

Delightful set of poems ... this might be the first hat of the Queen's I like ... Beautiful color as well.
Visiting from Ruby Tuesday

Dianne said...

I love the punny one

The Queen Mum was my favorite

Gemma Wiseman said...

Love your quirky Ruby Tuesday spin! And I agree that the Queen's life is hardly ranking on the ideal job list! No thanks!

Sorry for the lateness, but I have been drowning in preparing for my annual school appraisal on Monday + teaching lessons + midyear reports! Next week back to normal!