Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Unhinged Poem


THREE WORD WEDNESDAY

hinge/need/lethal

UNHINGED POEM

The creak of a rusty hinge
Is something I don't need.
It really makes me cringe;
A lethal sound indeed!
*
------------------------------------------------------------------

THE SPARK!

Glory be! Oh Glory be!
The spark of life has inhabited me!
Of all the dormant cells on earth
The Spark arrived and gave me birth!
It could have been the previous cell
That won the prize and rang the bell.
I could have waited in the dark
And never felt that vital Spark!
The life force could have danced on past
Into eternity, wide and vast,
And taken up residence in some spot
Where I, the rejected cell, was not!
But no, it flared and life began
And I have so enjoyed my span.
Now, though the days go faster, quicker,
I still enjoy that sizzling flicker
That allows me to play a part.
Oh Spark! Oh Spark! How great thou art!
*


7 comments:

Sheilagh Lee said...

those rusty hinge noises are annoying

And yes we're grateful for the spark that gave us life.

Jeff said...

Clever writing--you made me smile in agreement! I had to put some WD-40 on my old truck door this week. The sound was driving me crazy.

Sabio Lantz said...

We both used pictures of hinges!
That was a fun "rime"!

Altonian said...

Two great poems, which is only to be expected from a great poet.

J Cosmo Newbery said...

Why am I thinking about my knees?

Anya Padyam said...

Love the rusty hinge visuals

Lovely writing....

RMP said...

Unhinged Poem: a creaking hinge can definitely grate on the nerves. Nice and tight write.

The Spark!: I admit that by the end I was thinking of Frankenstein. Very nice flow.