Thursday, September 20, 2012

Plea






SIGNS SIGNS

PLEA

There are times when a certain sadness is expressed in a light-hearted way;
When a visual joke has something really important to say.
Our lives on earth depend upon the cooperation of trees
And yet we set about destroying them, behaving as we please.
 The Amazon jungle is depleted, other rain-forests bear great scars,
As we set about turning our green earth into something that looks like Mars.
This is a comical picture; we laugh as we pass it by.
But when we think more deeply some of us almost cry.
*
--------------------------------------------------------------



SCOOBY DOO
(An Acrostic)

Such a very friendly mutt,
Cartoon character only, but
One that makes the children smile
By being friendly all the while.
Young and old enjoy his fun,
*
Dogs think he's a clever one!
Only Rinkly Rimes alone
Owns up to denying him a bone!
*
That's because she's never seen
Scooby Doo on the silver screen!
*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS
Yesterday held unexpected pleasures! We arrived at a Community Centre to perform a play and were informed that we weren't expected! (The organiser with whom I'd been involved had since left and there were no records of the booking!) We were, rather grudgingly, welcomed, and it was then I saw our audience.......! Only about ten very 'docile' elderly 'clients'! Things did not look good. And, surprise, surprise, we ended up enjoying one of our most successful 'gigs'! (I love using that word; it makes me feel so modern.) 

Here we go!


This shot captures the happy atmosphere by the end of the show.


Ros clearly won a heart!

There are no prizes for guessing the name of the play!

9 comments:

Jackie McGuinness said...

I agree, that sign is kinda sad but creative.

Andy said...

It's a great way to get your attention.

genie said...

This is one of those sighs that catches your eye immediately and then it grabs your brain and makes you think. I think it is wonderful. genie

Lesley said...

I was almost looking for a bucket to put my money into.
It does make you think. Thank you.

Clytie said...

I like what Genie said - the sign grabbed my attention, made me smile ... then made me stop and think. You're right; it is sad.

Scrappy Grams said...

It certainly does grab one's attention. Such a sad note. One year a parent who'd been to the rain forest through his teaching job at the university. After his presentation, my class of first graders wanted to buy a part of the rain forest so it could be preserved as such. The university teacher matched the amounts brought in. If only adults cared about our planet the way little ones do.

Dianne said...

brilliant way to get attention for the forests

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh, that sign definitely did get my attention and made me think twice It works!

Pat said...

Great capture and great sign. Food for thought, yes?