Thursday, September 13, 2012

Intriguing!




SIGNS SIGNS

INTRIGUING!

Are they proud of their sunny position,
Or has some poor patron died?
Are they actually asking permission
To see the next visitor fried?
I'm certain, if I over-heated,
A brunch wouldn't thrill me at all!
Looking bloated and red and defeated
I'd just turn my face to the wall!
If my temperature climbed ever higher
And they offered a nice tasty brunch
I'd simply sit there and perspire,
Not leap up excited and munch!
*
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                   Jinsky  

RENEWAL  

The smoke! The fire! The rumbling power!
See the volcano's flaming tower!
Nothing around but devastation.
Then, a sudden new creation!
Out of the lava, now grown cold,
Little green shoots, so bright and bold.
Nature can be very cruel,
But it can also bring renewal.
* 

6 comments:

Halcyon said...

A perfect poem to accompany this strange sign!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Good God -- that isn't very funny really (I like sarcastic signs, but this one is beyond the pale!...your words say it all.

RedPat said...

Somehow I wouldn't be tempted in for brunch!

Lesley said...

um, I really don't know what to say to this sign!
if I had heat stroke I probably wouldn't go back, free brunch or no!

Andy said...

You are right. It's not very funny.

Danielle said...

What a funny sign. It does make you wonder the reasoning behind it.