Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Waiting For You


BLUE MONDAY

WAITING FOR YOU

And oh the blueness of it all
As the cruise-ship drifts on by!
Blue chairs in a neat regimented row ,
Blue sea, blue land, blue sky.
Who could be blue on such a day?
Take your seat, and sail away.
*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


SHARING
(For Cheryl Cato)

Tell me what you see, old friend
And I'll tell you what I hear.
Without my eyes the world of sound
Has become very dear.
You give an insistent tug on my lead
And I go wherever you say;
To the river, the beach, or just to the shops.
Where are we going today?
Oh, it's a surprise! Well, that is fun.
When we get there I'll make a guess.
Having a friend like you, old pal,
Makes a game of my distress.
I hear laughing children on the breeze;
You tell me you see them playing.
I hear the rustle of some leaves;
You describe the branches swaying!
We're in the park! That's where we are!
Ah! Now I smell the roses!
Let's both use the  sense that we can share!
Come on! It's time for noses!
*

5 comments:

Marie said...

Lovely words.

SmilingSally said...

You can't get much bluer than this! Thanks for sharing this picture/poem of blue.

Happy Blue Monday, Brenda.

Kim, USA said...

I have never seen a blind dog and this made my heart ache. Love those words too.

Bridge

LV said...

That is a perfect spot to be waiting for me. I love cruise ship trips.

joyh82 said...

great poem and photo! Happy Blue Monday ;)