Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tentative


I wrote this bit of nonsense years ago for someone who was trying to persuade me to go camping!

TENTATIVE  

If I were meant
To live in a tent
My head would be pointed that way,
My feet would splay out
Without any doubt
In a truly remarkable splay!
Consider the small garden snail,
Nobody who sees it could fail
To see it's designed
With camping in mind
For it even has room for a tail!
*
If I were meant
To live in a tent
I'd be a triangular  shape!
My body would be
An upsidedown 'V'
And I'd aways be dressed in a cape!
The turtle and tortoise as well
Are exactly the shape for a shell,
So, if I were meant
To live in a tent
Everyone would be able to tell!
*

--------------------------------------------------------------

HALF-MAST!

His brains dropped out of sight!
They didn't put up a fight.
He once had brains that worked
But Fickle Fate just smirked.
I said 'If you wear your jeans slung low
There's only one place brains can go!'
'I'll wear what I like, you silly old Moo!
What's it got to do with you!'
He didn't care a bit!
His jeans still didn't fit!
The ever-downward force of gravity
Played a part in his depravity!
He once had a very high I.Q.!
Which shows what low-slung jeans can do!
For, sure enough, his brains dropped down,
As he bared his buttocks to the town.
As he displayed his great tanned hide
His brains began their downward slide!
One day we saw them disappear
Gone for ever up his rear!

5 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

I'm with you on the camping lark Brenda - when we go out on a motorbike tour the last thing I need is to put up a tent after a few hours on the back of a bike - nay! Give me a nice bed anytime.

Roger Owen Green said...

I HATED camping as a child, but my father insisted...
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

photowannabe said...

Believe it or not I did and do like camping, or the idea of camping...its just the packing, setting up,walking down the road to the restrooms,trying to get the fire started and sleeping on an air mattress that constantly looses it air that I don't care for.

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

Loving the tent shot and the tent poem!! Awesome! Wished I had thought of it (the shot). I've never taken my son camping. I feel like a bad mom. He's 20 now.

Jane and Chris said...

Don't get me started on camping...I loathe it!
Jane x