Friday, November 25, 2011

Merging



WE WRITE POEMS
http://wewritepoems.wordpress.com/
asks us to take the following words and pair them in unrelated stanzas

 gathering   oak   color   membrane   voice   limb

MERGING

There was a gathering of people,
Meeting to rejoice,
And when they sang it seemed to me
That they sang with one mighty voice.
*
The great limb of the oak tree
Swayed perilously in the gale.
As I sheltered beneath it,
I feared that it would fail.
*
The scientist made a membrane
To facilitate separation.
It was the colour of human flesh
In my imagination.
*
I was gathering fallen leaves
Under the oak one day,
When, suddenly, a gust of wind
Blew all my leaves away.
*
Her singing was so glorious
Her voice had such a tone
That every note the singer sang
Had a colour of its own.
*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'HI!'

So, yesterday we met, my love, and I could kick myself,
Thinking of all the things I could have said!
I wanted to speak like a poet, with words that flew on wings,
But I just muttered 'Hi!' and hung my head!
I wanted to say 'My angel girl! I've been waiting all my life!'
And yet I let my only chance go by!
I wanted to say 'I'm crazy with the glory of your face!'
And yet the only thing I said was 'Hi'!
And do you remember me at all? That skinny bloke with Tom?
And are you even aware that we have met?
And, when you think of yesterday, am I just the vaguest blur,
A person who's so easy to forget?
You couldn't guess what was in my mind! The turmoil I was in!
We met so briefly, then we said goodbye.
You didn't know how my life was changed forever by your face
And how I've promised to love you till I die.
*
Although the only word I said was 'Hi'!
*

No comments: