Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Fun and Games



BIFOCAL UNIVISION
http://bifocalunivision.blogspot.com
supplied the visual prompt


FUN AND GAMES

I sit up in my citadel,
And look down with disdain.
I send you wind when you want calm,
And heat when you want rain.
I play my games with the lot of you;
I raise your expectations,
And then I fill your silly lives
With awkward situations.
You are the pieces on the board
Of my great game of chess;
You are but pawns, for all your pleas
For wisdom or success.
*
For some time now I have been bored
With my repetitious games;
Tired of seeing simple floods
And forests burnt by flames.
'Ho hum' I say 'Another drought,
Another storm of ice'.
I ponder long to bring to mind
Some novelty device.
So now, the best game ever!
This one is really rich!
When you wake up tomorrow
You'll find I've made a switch!
*
I've decided to swap them over...
The sky and the rolling sea!
Tomorrow morning both will be
 Where the other used to be!
When you look up an ocean
Will be rolling over your head.
When you look where the sea was
There will be space instead!
Oh what a great calamity
I am about to present!
You'll, loudly, beg me to change my mind
But I will not relent.
*
Why should I listen to your cries,
When all is said and done?
You are only flesh and blood
And I'm having too much fun.
*
-----------------------------------------------------------------



WELCOME WATER 2010

A glorious wet winter
Put an end to 'endless' drought;
After ten years of dry weather.
Rain was welcome without doubt.
Lake Ayre is full of birdsong,
Where once was only sand,
And colourful desert blossoms
Embroider all the land.
Here, in our coastal city,
We're rarely short of rain,
But even we were happy
When La Nina came again.
El Nino is the Christ Child
Who brings drought at Christmas Time;
La Nina is the girl child
And her rains are quite sublime.
When we are dry South America
Rejoices in the rain;
When we are wet South America
Feels dry weather pain.
It's all to do with the ocean,
Or that's what I've been told;
Sometimes it is warmer,
And sometimes it is cold.
Whatever may be the reason,
These children don't much care
What magic brought the rain to us!
So long as they get their share!
*


No comments: