Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanks



SIX WORD FRIDAY

Six letters, six words, six lines.

THANKS
(An Acrostic)

To all who help me out
Here I say thanks to you.
And those who smile at me
Now I must thank them too.
Kind words and sweet, kind ways
Shine warm beams on my days.
*
------------------------------------------------------------------------------


A Simple Alphabet
ODE

I once wrote an ode to a dahlia,
Admiring its lovely regalia,
But my poor little ode
Wasn't quite a la mode
And it ended up being a failure.
*

3 comments:

Sara said...

May they continue to do so! Happy Thanksgiving

Anonymous said...

I really do love your poems. I was inspired to do an acrostic this week, too.

Melissa Camara Wilkins said...

Sometimes I forget what a gift a well-placed smile can be. And then I'll be on the receiving end of one, and it can make all the difference. :)