Monday, July 19, 2010

Terse Verse.


TERSE VERSE
NEEDED! TROUBLE-SHOOTER
FOR A DEAD COMPUTER!

(In response to a request for a poem written not only ON a subject but ON a subject!)
Visit The Poetry Bus for more madness!
----------------------------------------------------------------


FRUITCAKE!

I'd rather BE a Fruitcake, than just eat one.
You can recognise a Fruitcake when you meet one.
A Fruitcake's slightly dotty,
In fact a Fruitcake's potty,
Even though you very often meet a sweet one!
*
A human Fruitcake sees life slightly dented,
Sort of curly at the edges and fermented.
A Fruitcake is quite loopy,
But rarely sad and droopy,
And it's odd the way a Fruitcake seems contented.
*
So spurn those fruitcakes filled with nuts and butter,
Though they make your greedy heart go all a-flutter.
Concentrate on human kind
And I'm certain that you'll find,
That you're better off with a crazy living Nutter!
*

3 comments:

Dominic Rivron said...

I'm biased, as I have a weakness for fruitcake, but I think this is fantastic. Very funny!

Darlene said...

Your poem on a fruitcake had me laughing out loud. You are so very clever, Brenda.

Erratic Thoughts said...

ummm!that's a delicious fruit cake!
I am hungry now...
Your ticket to the bus was very very creative!