Saturday, July 3, 2010

Muted


WEEKEND REFLECTIONS
http://newtowndailyphoto.blogspot.com/

MUTED

Subtlety marks the colours of the bush,
The Australian bush, where colours are so muted.
Rarely do we see a really vivid sparkling shade;
The sun must make the vividness diluted.
At first I missed the glories of the English countryside,
The hundred thousand greens, with red shot through,
And still I sometimes feel a stab of something like regret
That I traded-in old beauty for the new.
But I've grown to love the subtleties of eucalyptus trees,
And the beauty of the bark is plain to see,
And the outline of the branches against constant brilliant blue
Is very nearly good enough for me.
And here, where trees hang low above a little hidden pool,
And the bell-birds fill the air with joyful sound,
I enjoy a different beauty, full of ancient atmosphere,
And I'm thankful for the new joy that I've found.
*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------


SECOND CHANCE
(An Acrostic)

 So I blew it the first time! That's too bad!
Each time we meet now I feel sad.
Couldn't we try again, my dear?
Or will your reaction be 'No fear!'
Night after night I toss and turn!
Don't you care that I still yearn?
*
Careless words lost me your regard.
Heartache hurts and life is hard.
Another chance would put things right!
Nothing else can help my plight!
Cherish me as you used to do!
Everything depends on you!
*


9 comments:

Living In Williamsburg Virginia said...

Great photos and post.

Darryl and Ruth : )

Sylvia K said...

Marvelous words and photos as always! You never cease to amaze me, you are so prolific! Wonderful! Have a great weekend, Brenda!

Sylvia

Gemma Wiseman said...

I agree that our bushland colours are muted, but we do have some rather vivid birdlife! Lovely post!

Louis la Vache said...

Neat acrostic!

«Louis» thanks you for visiting San Francisco Bay Daily Photo!

lotusleaf said...

Great post. I liked the poems a lot.

jennyfreckles said...

What a wonderful talent to be able to describe your lovely pictures in poetry. This picture is so peaceful.

Eden said...

Great photos and beautiful poems. I enjoyed reading them.

Thank you for the visit

Jeeves said...

Brilliant acrostic...Lovely

EG CameraGirl said...

I think I'd like the bush as I'm very fond of muted shades.

As always I enjoy reading your words.