Saturday, July 31, 2010

Muted Mirror

Brenda Bryant

MUTED MIRROR

So little light and yet the gloom
Cannot blot out that palest gleam!
Figures, like Ophelias, lie there
Floating on a polished stream.
*
----------------------------------------------------------------------



STRIKING GOLD!

A husband stood brooding while up at the bar.
You could see he was knee-deep in thought.
And a friend came and said to him 'Tell me what's up!
You look a bit worried, old sport!'
'Well, I have got a problem' the husband remarked.
There's a big anniversary due.
It'll be fifty years since I married our Peg
And I think celebrations are due!'
'Well, think what you did twenty-five years ago.'
Said the friend 'She'd like something the same.
And if you repeat a previous treat
You'll be way out ahead in the game.
She'll know that you've treasured the years in between,
And you feel just the same as before.
So think back to Silver, repeat it for Gold
And your Peg will be thrilled to the core.'
'Well, I took her to Paris all those years ago'
Said the husband 'It's hard to keep track.........
But I'll take your advice! What a brilliant idea!
I'll fetch her!..... She'd like to come back!'

*

8 comments:

Dragonstar said...

That's an interesting shot. I like the way everything leads to the two women.

geraldgee said...

At your best again BB...!

Sylvia K said...

What an intriguing reflection! Great one, Brenda, as always! Enjoy your weekend!

Sylvia

Gemma Wiseman said...

Your muted mirror is very beautiful! Especially love your thought - "polished stream"!

Carver said...

I love the reflection and I also like the second shot and story.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Lovely picture -- funny poem! No wonder they made it to 50 years! (Just kidding -- we've made it past that magic mark and most of the time in the same state even ;>))

Boom Nisanart said...

Interesting !!!!

Everyday Shot
Everyday Melbourne

Margaret Gosden said...

I like Muted Reflections a lot!