Friday, July 23, 2010

The Complaint



THE COMPLAINT

To think that I complained
'Stop pulling the sheets your side!
You've got all the blankets!
I can't sleep, though I've tried!
You're absolutely selfish!
You only think of you!
It's indicative of your attitude
In everything you do!
You never help with the children!
You never cook a meal!
You never see my point of view!
You don't care how I feel!
I'm sick of the situation!
I'm sick of being bossed!
I've had enough of this marriage!
I wish you'd just get lost!'
*
And so you left! A week ago!
I never thought you would!
All I have is a little note
Saying 'Goodbye! Gone for good!'
And now I look at the crumpled sheets
And the emptiness of the bed
And I ask myself what made you go?
*
Was it something that I said?
*
-----------------------------------------------------------



JUST A TRIFLE

Trifles are trivial, trifles are small,
Really, they don't count for much at all!
It's only when 'just desserts' are required
Full of fruit, and with cream inspired, that
Laden with alcohol (say sherry)
Everyone is made quite merry!
*

30 comments:

Suz said...

you know..it can happen that way

liked this one

Tattered and Lost said...

Brilliant!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it!

RAJI MUTHUKRISHNAN said...

Too good.

Eric S. said...

Excellent, too much too soon, and then it's gone for good.

Diana said...

Oh that last one made me hungry!
Love Di ♥

Anonymous said...

Nice Magpie

Anonymous said...

gosh makes me feel like I need to be a bit nicer...this was an absolute joy to read!

Martin said...

Excellent. An observation of a tipping point, with a dash of humour.

Kathe W. said...

great post! so true to life-just a trifle!

Helen said...

Oh dear! It's that 'be careful what you say' thing coming back to haunt. Very nice writing!

Friko said...

Great fun! Actually, serve you right, all that moaning would send anyone bonkers.

Glad you had a gorgeous trifle to help you get over his desertion.

Pauline said...

the first made me chuckle, the second made me hungry!

Robert Lloyd said...

Was it something I said? I really enjoyed the flow and fun of this poem. Great Magpie!! Thanks for sharing it.

Helena said...

Heh heh. What a fabulous post! I can totally relate to it. Now where's that suitcase.......

Gabriela Abalo said...

Brilliant!!

Linda said...

Wickedly funny. Just shows you should be careful what you wish for.

Kass said...

Great Magpie!
Kass

Marilyn & Jeff said...

Wow - she got what she was asking for alright!

RA said...

Brilliant! :)

christine said...

Omgosh... I had some one left in the bed too!
Christine

Carrie Van Horn said...

Your use of rhyme is art in itself.
Love your Magpie!

RLM Cooper said...

This was very funny. Well done!

signed...bkm said...

Wow, that was Great, and so true..the question after the fact...nice magpie...bkm

Tumblewords: said...

And that's the way it happens...Nicely done, as always and the Trifle is a true delight as well.

Lyn said...

I'll take some of that trifle, please! The other one..been there, done that!!

Jingle said...

profound one,
love the ending.

susan m hinckley said...

Loved this magpie -- such an interesting combination of a breezy tone, a bit of a lilt with the rhyme, and then such a sad sentiment. Well done!

Tess Kincaid said...

Oops! Cute one.

Anonymous said...

Happens that way a lot of the time. Best way, I think. Just go away.
QMM