Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sky-Grapes

                                                   Brenda Bryant
SEPIA SCENES
Even without the heady blue,
The snow-white clouds in the sky,
The burgeoning grapes show luscious
Tempting us from on high.
And soon leaves will block-out the sky-scape
And grapes will grow greenly below.
Till then let us all be happy
With the Springtime Sky-Grape Show!
*
--------------------------------------------------------------


The Bunyip is the Australian equivalent of the Yeti or Bigfoot. No-one is sure what it looks like!

BABY AND THE BUNYIP


Baby met a Bunyip and said 'How do you do!
I never, never, never, saw a creature such as you!
You buzz just like a bumble bee; you're brown just like a bear;
You sit beneath a banyan tree and brush your bushy hair.
Your eyes are bright as buttons and you bark just like a bird!
Your nose is like a buttered bun! Now isn't that absurd!
You're made of lots of bits and bobs and none of them agree!
But let me tell you, Bunyip.... you look beautiful to me!
*

4 comments:

Ma.links said...

Beautiful shot.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Great shot!! Looks so mysterious. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought

Martha Z said...

I like the sepia scene, very artistic. The Bunyip made me smile.

Darlene said...

I never heard of a Bunyip, but this I know, I would rather see than be one.