Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sunday Diary


BRY ANTICS
November 1st


This has been a disjointed week and this diary will be a little odd as a result. On MONDAY we had a craft show at my Probus Club and on FRIDAY we had a dress rehearsal for 'Jewelled Jeopardy'.

ADVENTURE
But in between Malcolm and I had a short break up in the Blue Mountains. The 'short break' proved to be shorter than we'd intended because the weather was against us. It has been wonderful to see good rains across the state, but mist and drizzle spoil a scenic trip, and we decided to come home a day early. Even so, I managed to take a few photos during a brief break in the weather. I'm going to attempt to 'cover' all next week's memes in this one diary! I wonder if I'll succeed.


This was the weather when we arrived! I took this through the fly-screens in our hotel bedroom.
for
Watery Wednesday.



This is a map of the World Heritage area we had hoped to see more of!
for
Think Green Thursday


We caught a cheerful ex-London double-decker bus around the place. This was a poster.
for
Ruby Tuesday


En route I was able to find some colourful items to fit the bill.



Blue
for
Blue Monday



Yellow
for
Mellow Yellow Monday
http://mellowyellowmonday.blogspot.com/



Multicolours
for
Color Carnival
http://colorcarnivalmeme.blogspot.com/


A restaurant mural
for
Monochrome Weekly Theme
http://monochromeweeklytheme.blogspot.com/

I even found a tiny bit of movement as a man in a silver hat greeted us!



A silver salute
for
Motion Thursday
http://motionthursday.wordpress.com/


The next day dawned pale but sunny and we managed to get among the crags.



The Three Sisters
for
That's My World
http://showyourworld.blogspot.com/

The 'we' being

Malcolm
and

Me


Then

Shadows began to drift across the valley floor.
for
Shadow Shot Sunday
http://heyharriet.blogspot.com/



The clouds rolled in
for
Sky Watch
http://skyley.blogspot.com/


We returned to our little old-fashioned hotel

Where I managed one last photograph
for
Things Vintage
http://coloradolady.blogspot.com/

Then we went home.

On SATURDAY I rounded off the week with a birthday lunch for friend, Pam, and an afternoon classical concert.
Till next week,
Brenda

40 comments:

geraldgee said...

Thanks for the trip xx

Margaret Gosden said...

Yes, a nice series of photos, including yourselves!
Showing the 'blue' mountain range as well.

Martha said...

Great way to get all the memes into one entry! Love your Color Carnival shot this week :-)

Unknown said...

I'm sorry it rained during your vacation! But I know how much you need rain so I'm just a little bit sorry. ;-)

eileeninmd said...

Grest photos and your included all the memes into one post. The three sisters rock is one of my favorites.

Ralph said...

I often see additions to many photo memes when I go places, and it is even better when I have the camera. It is fun to see a photo blog in any subject...

The shadowy view above the forests is great, just looking at the shadow shape I see a lizard - shadows can make the imagination work overtime!

You two look to be having fun traveling together...

Sarah said...

Lovely shadows on such a large scale. Beautiful!

Martha Z said...

What a great collection, I think you did manage to make all the memes fit your diary.
To bad the rain kept you from all you wanted to do but not sorry it rained. It will take a while to recover from the dought if nature allows.

Anonymous said...

I like that mural.
A valiant post - now you can relax for a week.

Rune Eide said...

I see a Monochrome Troll! :-)

A Wild Thing said...

Beautifully captured from high above, what a lush landscape!

Sistertex said...

Quite a beautiful mural and an exceptional effort for the week...there is a lot there to see and I enjoyed it all.

Tumblewords: said...

Perfectly adventurous way to fit a trip and nifty photos into a meme of week. Great lot of adventure and variety.

Martha said...

Fabulous photos!

My MYM

EJ said...

Wow what a great combination of meme! great shots!

I am a little bit late for my post but I am catching up. Hope you can still see My Shadow Shot Entry.

Anne Fannie said...

Great photos! Must have been a great trip!

Happy Blue Monday...
~Ann

Lilli & Nevada said...

well i think you covered all the meme's very well in one post all are fabulous

Chubskulit Rose said...

I am loving the combo posts! Great shots!
Here's my Mellow Yellow entry.

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

HI!

I am visiting from Blue Monday but, I love the 'mellow Yellow" picture. that store looks lovely!

Have a wonderful day!

anne said...

this is such a great package post, hehehe anyway mine is up and it is here I hope you can visit me too.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Came back for my Blue Monday entry!

Check out my daughter's Swing adventure.

SmilingSally said...

Well, Rinkly, you seem to have covered it all in one post! Happy Blue Monday.

Margaret Gosden said...

A very impressive mural - very involving I would think.
Nice shot!

EJ said...

The blue Mountain sign is unique!

Check out the Senior and Junior in our clan..

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your photos were lovely and I enjoyed the whirlwind tour. Have a great Blue Monday.

Calico Crazy said...

Wow, so many great photos in just one post. If you missed a meme you couldn't tell by me. Looks like you had a good time in spite of the rain. ~ Calico Contemplations

Shy said...

Nice pictures collection, I like the one with you and malcolm. You look very happy and satisfied with you adventure.

Dimple said...

You accomplished a lot! Thanks for sharing all your entries!

Marites said...

that's cute red double-decked bus:) Too bad it rained on your trip but your pictures more than made up for it. my RT is here.

Carolyn Ford said...

Wow! That's covering the memes in an efficient way! Great photos for each. I love the red double-decker bus poster...brings back memories of my trips to London. And, I like the 3 sisters...they are quite picturesque. Fun post!

ryliej said...

I've never seen a double bus yet..

How about an ornery little fella for Ruby Tuesday?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE how you fit all the themes in ONE post! Awesome! Great job!

Paz

pinkyshelo said...

awesome collection of beautiful photos..

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

Wow..this is a great post for all the theme..I'm from Ruby Tuesday!

Hootin Anni said...

You've put so much into your post....I like that.

My R T is posted now. "I came, HE SAWED, we conquered". come see. Here is the permalink to my Tuesday post.

Jim said...

I don't think I've ever seen a shot through a fly screen before.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

DeniseinVA said...

Wonderful photos and very clever of you to include all the meme's this week.

sailor said...

thanks for taking us to different places..

Check out swimming with the kids.

Hildred said...

Oh, you are so clever and well organized. Good work, - your photos are lovely, and the mist adds a nice touch of mystery.

Think(ing) Green said...

Wow..I don't think I have ever seen so many memes covered in one post. LOL. Great job Brenda and I appreciate you participating in Think(ing) Green Thursday.. Michelle