Thursday, October 8, 2009

Crown of Silver




CROWN OF SILVER

Not a close friend, not close at all, but someone I admired.
She belonged to my social club; she, also, was retired.
She was noted for her manner, which was elegant and kind
And, when she was our President, we happily walked behind.
I was jealous of her silver hair, which so lit up her face,
And the way it gently waved with never one hair out of place.
At meetings I would see it shine; envy would fill my heart.
But, last week, Elaine took her leave. Our friend had to depart.
It will be strange at meetings, not to see her there.
And I hate to think it no longer exists! Her beautiful silver hair!
*

Another very personal poem on the same subject here:

3 comments:

Bogey said...

Brenda, her silver hair and every other aspect of the woman you admire, will remain in your memory and heart forever. What a lovely tribute.

Poopsie aka Blue said...

What a nice memorium.
As one who is going seriously grey, the salt is winning the battle against the pepper big time, I look @ envy @ those with a pure silver head.

Best wishes
Blue

Mari Meehan said...

Ah, what a wonderful memory you will have!