Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Scarlet Scarecrow


To the tune of 'Red Sails in the Sunset'

SCARLET SCARECROW

I'm Red Shirt the scarecrow!
I'm not a real man,
But I've got a purpose,
To do what I can.
The children have placed me
Out here at their school,
The little birds see me
And think I'm a fool!
My job is to flutter
Swing round in the breeze
Though people may mutter
'The poor thing hasn't got knees!'
I'm Red Shirt the scarecrow!
And I play my part
While standing so proudly!
A real work of art!
*
Someone else standing in a garden here:

11 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

This is such a simple yet effective scarecrow. What's the hair made of, I wonder?

marian said...

now that's a rare sight..i LOVE him!

ellen b said...

Great shot and fun poem! Happy Ruby to you...

Shosh said...

Wow, that's a creative scarecrow

Dr.John said...

Wow! Now your writing songs.

Margaret Gosden said...

Your scarecrow and rime are reminding me of a scarecrow story I was once fond of but for the life of me can't recall it now. Anyway, thanks for the reminder - eventually, my short term memory loss will return. It usually does. I am now updating blogs I follow, so I am adding my name to your followers - rather belatedly, I a afraid!

Ralph said...

This guy is none too scary. Probably too cute to scare a crow, but hey - red might be a bit of a devilish color to the avians, so perhaps they will respect him - enough to go to somebody else's farm...

Meikah said...

I like the poem that goes with it. See, even a scarecrow has a purpose. Happy RT! :)

Megan, Life Revamped said...

that's too cute for a scarecrow!
come and visit my RubyTuesday if you have the time!

have a great day ahead!
xoxo

geraldgee said...

Can I have that hat when you've finished with it?

Auntie E said...

that should keep them away. Happy RT