Thursday, October 1, 2009

In The Eye of the Beholder




COLOUR CARNIVAL

IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER!


Cute little dolls! Such cute little dolls!
Colourful, cuddly, the lot.
They were in a shop window and I passed them by,
Attracted to them on the spot!
Not really authentic, I'm sure, yet it seems
The beads were authentic enough.
And the rings round the neck? Surely those, in the flesh,
Would make life quite incredibly tough.
Imagine an itch you're not able to scratch!
Imagine some grime you can't reach!
Imagine a larynx so twisted and stretched
That it does funny things to your speech!
But, below, you can see how the whole thing is done;
How the little girls start with one ring
Then increase the number until they're like Mum,
And they sport the ultimate thing!
Maybe I shouldn't judge! It could be they're OK
With this 'torture' as it seems to us!
But I know for a fact that I just couldn't cope!
I'd make a most terrible fuss!



*
I was nearly as bad here:

2 comments:

Patty said...

I'm with you, looks very uncomfortable. I can't imagine having to wear something like that all the time.

Darlene said...

Putting those rings around the necks of girls is akin to binding their feet. All because some man thought he could control his women, I'm sure.

I hate tattoos and body piercing for the same reason. I think it's a crime to mutilate one's body.