Thursday, October 1, 2009

Predictable!



ACROSTICS ONLY


PREDICTABLE!
(Apres mois le deluge' or something like that!)

People carpeting the earth!
Ranting, rioting, giving birth!
Everyone fighting for a spot!
Daily hotter and more hot!
If we go on as we're going
Courting disaster, never slowing,
Then the earth will boil and roast.
As for us, we'll suffer most
Because of avarice we will die
Life will merely pass us by.
Everyone will cease to be!
*
(I'm nearly eighty! Lucky me!)
*


A much more optimistic view here:

3 comments:

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

Your efforts always fit, and I love reading them. What you do with acrostic put us all to shame .. as you are so very creative, and this one is off the hook! It's so true, and I for one don't see it ending in my lifetime.

Brenda, I wonder if you could do an acrostic on "Breast Cancer" ... as this is breast cancer awareness month. There is a special place to link it at AO. Please, if you got the time.

Elizabeth said...

This is such fun.
What a disaster for poor Margaret G.
I will have to telephone her to find out what is happening now.

The Write Girl said...

This is a wonderful acrostic...your poetic rhyme and style is always amazing. An interesting take on predictable.