Saturday, October 10, 2009

Resurrection


From our local paper


COLOR CARNIVAL


RESURRECTION!


At Easter Time (and I know it's not!),
Coloured eggs always hit the spot.
But here's a very joyful tale
Of a local firm about to fail
Rescued in the nick of time
And celebrated with a rhyme!
A Happy Ending for a crowd
Of workers who look very proud.
It's all to easy to be swamped these days
By Tycoons with take-over ways!
Brightly-coloured eggs it seems
Represent 'resurrection' themes.
Take one! Enjoy it! Celebrate
A new start that is really great.
*


Eggs in a more tragic role here:


10 comments:

Squirrel said...

Nice colorful selection.

Now I need a piece of chocolate...

Vicki ~ FL said...

Yummm....nice and colorful too!

Pacey said...

What colorful, so inviting chocs...:)

Maurice Lauher said...

Love the poem, the candy goes with out saying

flowerweaver said...

Great poem to go with the pic! Always fun to visit your blog.

Jama said...

Beautiful poem with a wonderful photo to match.

Ginger said...

I'm glad you posted the poem, so I'd know for sure what the picture was! I was thinking "Easter eggs?" but I wasn't real sure.

Martha said...

Easter eggs for Halloween! :-)

storyteller at Sacred Ruminations said...

I'm with Squirrel ... definitely ready for chocolate ;--)
Colorful indeed!
Hugs and blessings,

Linda :) said...

Mmmmmm colorful chocolate! :)