Saturday, October 10, 2009

Roasty Carrot Pate


RECIPE

ROASTY CARROT PATE
Carrots sound quite humdrum; I ate carrots as a child.
There's nothing about a carrot that could drive a person wild!
They lay there on the dinner plate, maybe jubileed,
But carrots weren't exciting! They didn't fill a need.
A carrot at a party? Surely rather drab!
Not like a dish of caviare or even a nice crab!
But try this little recipe and you will find you're praised.
Maybe a glass of 'champers' in your honour will be raised!
Peel the carrots, chop in chunks, add garlic and then wrap
In a loose pack of tinfoil; with a neat and careful flap.
Bake at 350 for an hour; they should be tenderised,
But if they're firm not squashy...good! You shouldn't be surprised.
Leave to cool then process with tahini, cumin, oil
And just a little water. (You do not need to boil.)
Add a little salt and pepper and your lovely pate's done,
And you will be delighted when it's loved by everyone.
This lovely carrot mixture is as pate eaten most
But it is quite delightful as a dip or spread on toast.
Not only that ..... it's healthy; it will even help a diet!
Don't let them know it's simple! Just eat it and keep quiet!

*
In praise of vegetables here:

12 comments:

Emily @ Marvelous Recipes said...

Thanks for sharing this unique recipe. I will have to try it just to find out how it tastes! :)

Sunny said...

I really do like carrots
As odd as that might sound
And your recipe sounds tasty
Compared to other's I have found

I'll try it out tomorrow
On my company of two
If they love it, I'll take credit
If not, then I'll blame you!

Seriously, it sounds very good.
Sunny :)

Unknown said...

What a GREAT!!! different recipe. I am a carrot lover and this recipe is one I think I will love to make.

THANKS!!! Geri

Kristen said...

It is so much fun to visit you! Thank you for linking up to Krazy Kitchen so I have a chance to read your verses.

linda may said...

Trust you to make a rhyming game out or the recipe prompt. I love it. BTW carrots don't bore me.

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

A recipe in rhyme! I might give your carrot dish a try sometime. I sometimes buy carrots so my bunny can have the leafy tops, but rabbits aren't really supposed to have the carrots themselves. Too much sugar. I'm often stuck looking for new ideas for what to do with carrots, so thanks!

Denise Moncrief said...

carrots are much maligned in my household, but they have so many wonderful vitamins and nutrients that i'm always looking for a clever way to sneak them down my family's gullets. thanks for sharing your recipe.

Tumblewords: said...

I'm really going to try this one! Sounds delish and easy, too. Yay!

Dee Martin said...

I love carrots and this poem rocks!! Can't wait to give it a try!

Old Egg said...

Now this recipe is really sounds worth trying. I liked the pace and humor of the poem too.

Understanding Alice said...

wow, not only did you manage to pass on a rather yummy looking recepie, but in rhyme too! brilliant :)

Geeta said...

The recipe sounds delicious...The rhyme was really nice...




cheers
Geeta
http://www.itslifeblog.com/2010/05/16/recipe-of-life