Friday, September 18, 2009

A Watery Sun


SKYWATCH


A WATERY SUN

Not the sun after a shower, but sun and clouds immersed
In the waters of a placid lake, so everything's reversed.
Instead of looking upward, by tilting back my head
I just gazed at the ripples to see the sky instead.
The effect is almost dimpled; almost normal, but not quite,
And the sun is gleaming through the clouds with a vaguely dappled light.
Skywatch? No! It's Waterwatch! I've liquified the sky!
I've saved myself a neck-ache and still watched the clouds go by!
*
Some water-views depress here:

17 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Marvelous, moody shot to go with the perfect words! You do both so well!

Happy SWF!

Sylvia

Alan Burnett said...

This is rather clever. Well done.

Reader Wil said...

Here the sun plays often hide and seek. The weather is dry and autumnlike. We also need rain. I wish you enough rain to colour your world green, but also enough sunshine to feel happy!

Susan at Stony River said...

Superb! The photo's lovely but I really enjoyed that verse to go with it.

Jim said...

Tops.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Japa said...

Very wonderful lines so apt for the sky photo, albeit a reflection of the sky on the water with rippling effect.

Margaret Gosden said...

Very nicely put together - what a great capture that was!

Hildred said...

Splendid, - love your poetic description and the beautiful liquid sky.

Julie said...

A well-captured reflection ... not easy to do. Has an element of the ethereal to it.

Anonymous said...

The verse made me smile :)

Happily Retired Gal said...

Delightful image and poem this week! Love the way you've liquified the sky ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

eileeninmd said...

What a great photo! Well done!I love it, definitely one of my favorties.

Arlene said...

Looks mezmerizing!

Happy weekend!

Unknown said...

How clever of you to photograph a reflection! Cool!

Calico Crazy said...

Clever reflection, the ripples in the sky are fun.

Calico Contemplations

Gayle said...

I love the watercolor look to the photo...a first I really thought it was a painting. Your written words are so well put.

Petula said...

Wow! That's a reflection? Very nice.