Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sensible Approach


THREE WORD WEDNESDAY
asks us to use the three blue words

SENSIBLE APPROACH

It would show enormous self control,
(Although it would be far from droll),
If I could take a razor blade,
(Proving myself quite unafraid),
And I could give my flesh a gash,
(Not considering it rash)!
*
But it would be a waste of time!
(I would rather write a rhyme.)
*
--------------------------------------------------------------------

MISSING

You took pride-of-place in every picture.
You were the subject of my every scene.
Now, though I scrabble through the box of pieces,
I cannot find a trace of where you've been.
And what is the point of life without a focus;
A photograph without a centre-point?
The emptiness will stretch into the future
For everything in life is out of joint.
*

5 comments:

Sheilagh Lee said...

I love both of these very cleverly written

Angel said...

Nicely done.

Jae Rose said...

Resolve and sadness in these two wonderful poems this week..maybe words solve many puzzles..Jae

dandelion girl said...

Good use of the words :)

PJD said...

would rather write a rhime indeed! :)
(we would also you rather write a rhyme)