Friday, February 3, 2012

Revealed


WRITING IN THE BUFF
http://www.writinginthebuff.net/
chose the book-cover

Would this blurb encourage you to read the book?


REVEALED!
by
Veracity Dunwoodie


It had been overgrown by
Virginia Creeper
For decades.
*
Now it was revealed.
*
Curtis
Is mildly interested in the unveiling.
After all he has walked past
The old house
A thousand times.
*
Locals remark
On the odd architecture.
No downstairs windows!
*
Demolition begins.
It is then the Old House
Becomes a police matter.
*
The body
Is mummified.
But around its neck it wears a faded label.
'Curtis'.
*
What will the modern Curtis discover
About the body?
How will its story haunt him?
How will he deal with the newly-revealed
Family scandal?
*
What would you do
If you found yourself accused
Of an old crime?
YOUR FINGER-PRINTS ARE ON THE BODY!
*
The Virginia Creeper Appreciation Society writes; 'We had nothing to do with it!
*
-------------------------------------------------------



ME AND MY FRIEND

Me and my friend, yellow hats to the fore,
Play in the water down by the shore.
The Lake is calm, not rough like the sea,
And Mummy says it's perfect for my friend and me.
Mummy and Daddy are very nearby
And the sun is hot and high in the sky.
Our yellow hats give us protection.
Sun and water and play!
 Perfection!
*
------------------------------------------------------
PS


I took part in a Summer School at U3A yesterday. I didn't quite know what to do so I took along a whole lot of information, songs, poetry and jokes about our city of Newcastle and they went down well. The rain was incessant ; I was damp from getting there throughout the whole proceedings and I think I've ruined a pair of shoes! The photos are dull but at least they're a memento.
 The audience was having lunch when I arrived.
We met in the Trades Hall as the old posters indicate.
This intrigued me too.
*

5 comments:

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Love your blurb and your sweet insight on the two little friends in the water.

Curtis. Is that also the dead man's name, or is it a sign telling everybody who did it. Or both? I would enjoy reading on and figuring out this who-done-it!

Have a great weekend,

Kathy M.

Kay L. Davies said...

Good book blurb, Brenda. I'd buy this one!
K

Kat said...

WRITING IN THE BUFF: Good suspense build up.

Well.... I would have shown alibi that I had already registered a complaint at the local police station that my finger prints got stolen, on the previous day of the crime :-))))


Summer School at U3A: You must have sizzled and warmed everybody during the damp weather..!!!!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Love you blurb, and especially the Virginia Creeper Appreciation comment at the end---you got me to bark out a laugh and I scared my cat! LOL The poem is lovely and so perfect withe that pic. AND, I'm glad you had a good time at the Summer School outing, and sorry about your shoes! Now you have an excuse to buy new ones. :)

21 Wits said...

A completely pull-me in kind of blurb...you've got me hooked already!