Friday, February 24, 2012

Emergence



WE WRITE POEMS
http://wewritepoems.wordpress.com
asks us for an unusual view of nature


EMERGENCE


Dark,
Damp,
 Dense.
The way life is.
Sweet-smelling and langorous.
Safe.
But, sometimes,
Pain.
There it is again!
My brown, shiny, crisp skin
Splitting.
Oh the agony of it!
I feel the need to push.
Is this birth?
I must push up, up, up.
 I cannot prevent it.
Something green and white,
Moist
Elongated.
From me!
A hard object in my path.
Easy!
I have new strength.
I can tilt it,
Work my way around it.
Oh now more pain!
Growths pushing downward.
Hairy,
Feathery
 Yet strong.
Strong!
Yes, I am strong!
I am new life.
So onward and upward!
Downward too!
Into sweetness.
Delicious brown soil,
Full of goodness.
Ouch!
Oh the brightness!
The dazzle
The agony of air.
Blue,
White.
I am gasping,
I am frail,
 I am delirious
With growth!
I suddenly realise
I am going to be
A sunflower!
*
------------------------------------------------------



WHITE HEAT

I'm just about to dazzle you!
Sizzle you!
Frazzle you!
Just about to blind you with my glorious light!
In a second I'll be glimmering!
Shattering!
Shimmering!
How lucky you could catch me looking calm and white!
*
-----------------------------------------------------------



5 comments:

Hannah said...

So visual, Rinkly, I love your descriptions, especially when it's bursting into sunlight, gasping. A joy to read, thank you!

vivinfrance said...

I love the way you think your way into the 'mind' of the plant.

irene said...

What Viv said. Dramatic!

Sara McNulty said...

I never realized my favorite flower had borne such
difficulty. Now I love it more. Great poem.

Siggi in Downeast Maine said...

The birth of the sunflower...
wow.
Amazing.
Peace,
Siggi in Downeast Maine