Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Relief

                                           
HAIKU WEDNESDAY
suggested the topic

5/7/5 syllables

RELIEF

Tension drains away.
I lie back in the fresh grass.
And I am newborn.
*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

BIRTHDAYS
(An Acrostic)

Birthdays should aways make us glad!
If only we weren't sometimes sad
Realising that years go past
Too quickly! Every year more fast!
How once we welcomed every one!
Delighting in the birthday fun!
As time goes by we get a shock!
Years tick like a ticking clock!
*
---------------------------------------------------------------------------



8 comments:

Tara Tyler said...

pure relaxation
nice haiku

carol l mckenna said...

I can feel the grass and relaxing ~ thanks ~ namaste, Carol ^_^

Karen said...

A terrific haiku! Nature heals.

becca givens said...

Rinkly - I enjoyed both of your pieces ... nicely done! I love cloud watching -- a mini vacation in the grass!!

Ria said...

I need a relaxing break. Need a long weekend I think.

Teresa said...

I love the haiku! It would be nice to have warm weather with new grass.

Tarang Sinha said...

Really sweet haiku and lovely acrostic:)

Jenn @ Youknow...that Blog? said...

I crave that kind of relief! Nicely done :)