Friday, February 24, 2012

Mourning Has Broken


BOOK BLURB FRIDAY
http://www.writinginthebuff.net
supplied the book-cover

Would this blurb make you want to read this book?

MOURNING HAS BROKEN
by
Ellersley Rumpkin F.R.C.S.T.Q.

Suspicions are aroused at the funeral.
*
' But Cedric always hated  
His Uncle Beau!'
This from Aunt Millie.
*
You will devour chapter after chapter
Of this enthralling tale!
*
Cedric's grief is real,
But it is not for Uncle Beau.
It is for lost opportunities.
*
What ties the two men together
In a bond broken only by death?
Is this a case of murder?
Is Cedric both perpetrator
And grief-stricken nephew?
And what of Gretchen,
Beau's widow?
*
What does the coffin contain
Other than Beau's remains?
*
This intriguing tale
Encompasses
Family friction,
Illicit love,
Dishonour
And
A surprisingly macabre crime!
*
(Not forgetting The Scandal!)
*
The Coffin-Makers' Quarterly: Note how poorly this coffin is made! Where are the brass handles? Start studying for our on-line coffin-makers' diploma. Contact us at 'cwiccoffs @ spotblog.com  for further details. The Editor.

*
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPLASH

A splash of red on a blue, blue day,
A red-hot colour, as if to say
'The blue of the sky and the blue of the sea
Can't hold a candle to the red of me!'
*

6 comments:

chiccoreal said...

Oh very catchy a RR thriller~! Must read..love thrillers...One pointed question is all I need for a hook~ Great lines...the colours are beautiful too...wish I could go on vacation for now I am cloud reading...please be my friend on FB? Ja-Len Jones for we are trying to decipher clouds. Funny. Not really but you could definitely make it so~ :)

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Yes! This blurb makes me want to read the book. I can't imagine all of the ins and outs of where your story will go.

I had to laugh at the coffin makers online school advertisement too.

Love your little poem and photo.

Kathy M.

Kay L. Davies said...

You continue to amaze me, Brenda. Great book blurb, but I love the cwiccoffs @ spotblog.com (not forgetting the scandal).
And your little Splash poem made me laugh, too.
K

Bookie said...

The murder angle is good but I loved the convoluted family relationships you have tossed in too!

Sandra Davies said...

Convoluted plot and a brilliant title - what more could one require?

Lynn said...

More death which I find interesting with the blurbs I've read so far. I love the title! And I also love your little poem at the end, Splash.