Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Oops!


MICROFICTION
http://www.stonyriver.ie/
A story in 140 characters or less.

OOPS!
They had been playing in the leaves, Suzie and little John.
Suddenly she'd pushed him! Suddenly he was gone!
Rolling down the leafy bank right into the water!
She's off to tell her Mum and Dad they now only have a daughter!
*

--------------------------------------------------------------------


SAFE DISTANCE.

I'm normally afraid to fly.
I think I am about to die.
I listen to the engine sound
And feel too high above the ground.
I don't believe in aeroplanes!
I'd rather stick to cars and trains.
But when, en route to my destination,
I saw this nasty conflagration,
I changed my mind and felt secure,
Above the bush-fire, safe and sure.
I welcomed the power of flight because
I felt much safer where I was!
*

8 comments:

faith said...

Oh no, lol. The first reminded me of Jack and Jill - but with leaves. :)

I am not a fan of flying either but it beats driving for days! :)

Diane said...

Beautiful, fun and silly rhyme. Love it! :O)

Susan Fobes said...

Cruel little girl-LOL! Nice take this week...

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I love the rhyme and also the little girl's attitude. Nice.

jabblog said...

Ah, the age of innocence ;-)

septembermom said...

The little scamp... Fun take on the picture. I'm wary of flying too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me laugh with your MM....hope her parents understand it really wasn't her fault...or was it??? hmmm
Have a great week. Cheers.

Pat said...

Ooh, the Bad Seed! Or maybe Innocent Ina. That made me think of what my mom told me about myself when I was about 17 months old and I had a new baby brother. She caught me in the nick of time about to put a brick in the baby buggy (that's what they were called in 1949) where my month-old baby brother was sleeping! Yikes, maybe I'm the Bad Seed.